Thursday, May 21, 2009

It's all smoke and mirrors!

I am grateful to all the people who compliment me on how I am handling my new life as a mom of multiples. I am even surprised at how easy I make it look, although I have to admit it's all a facade. Yes, maybe the laundry is done & folded, everything seems to be in it's place, my house is vacuumed and dusted. It's all been completed after the 3am feed. I may look semi okay; concealer, foundation and caffeine are a must! But as many know, appearances can be deceiving. Yes, I am doing it, but I have a great husband and help. Help that in the beginning I resisted but finally succumbed to once I realized that I could only do so much on my own. So as I except each compliment I feel a little bit like a fraud. I may have a smile on the outside and I may look well rested, but truth be told I am a frazzled mess who has had a maximum of 4 hours sleep for the last 6 weeks, have spit up caked in my hair and typically down the back of my shirt. So if I look decent, well rested or have wrangled all three kids up and into the minivan for an outing, it's just because the caffeine has kicked in and I've had a burst of energy, but by 8pm I am a goner!

No comments: