Thursday, February 19, 2009

My daughter is a climber!

I've heard many parents speak of their daredevil children. How they climb, jump and swing from anything available. I can totally relate. At 7 months old, my daughter who could not even walk, figured out a way to jump up & down in her crib and swing a leg over the side rail. I remember panicking and calling her pediatrician. When I told him what my daughter was up to, he replied, “Well, that’s just not normal”. Gee thanks bud, that’s exactly what a first time mom wants to hear! After researching every blog and every mom site on the Internet, I found the solution. A crib tent. Yes, it’s exactly what it sounds like. A giant white mesh tent that comes to a dome like top, with a zipper that secures it shut. I couldn't believe I was actually contemplating purchasing what looked like a jail for by beautiful darling baby. But as I looked over at her, one leg hanging out of the crib, it was either order the crib tent or risk having her fall out and suffer a broken limb. I can’t say enough about the crib tent, it has worked wonderfully and I even ordered a travel crib tent for our pack in play. Now at 2 1/2 years old, many ask when am I going to put her in a toddler bed? I don’t know the answer to that. All I just know, is that as long as she’s happy in the crib I have no need to rock the boat!

No comments: